Retail Sales Manager
Retail Sales Manager
We're seeking a talented Retail Sales Manager to work for our client.
They want to recruit someone with a demonstrable background in managing a portfolio of retailer accounts, setting, establishing, and achieving annual sales budgets and forecasts while enabling customer plans.
If that describes you, you might be exactly what they want.
Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Director and based in the company's Fife, Scotland office, as the Retail Sales Manager, you will be primarily accountable for leading and managing a key part of the customer portfolio, delivering profitable sales growth, and taking charge of sales projects/initiatives to meet company targets for customer retention and achieving new business.
The role holds significant commercial remit in minimising risk to the business and enhancing margin opportunities. The role will require a close working relationship with sales, marketing, and operational teams.In the job, you'll be tasked with the following:
- Building and maintaining a deep appreciation of retail branded and own label, including discount sector, category management, online activities, branding and marketing initiatives
- Setting and guiding the implementation of sales and marketing strategies for retail, and food service channels
- Creating and implementing customer plans to build and develop long-term, broad and deep relationships to drive profitable growth
The ideal person for this Retail Sales Manager role will have relevant background in managing a portfolio of retailer accounts, setting, establishing, and achieving annual sales budgets/forecasts with enabling customer plans.You'll also need a background in sales Account Management, specifically "top 4 supermarkets".You must also have experience setting up and putting into action retail sales strategies.
In addition, you'll need the following:
- Previous background in category management, NPD and baking would be highly advantageous
- Strong market knowledge of the top 5 retailers, ideally with a past background in the food industry as well as knowledge of the discount sector
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills with a background in Account Management and new business development in existing and new customers
The ideal person for the role will be the following:
- Driven to succeed and seek out areas for continuous improvement through identification of issues and opportunities
- Willing and abile to learn new skills and technical information. Identify commercial levels to grow profitability
- Able to work on you own initiative
- Willing to travel and stay away from home as required by the demands of your role
Does that sound like you? If so, we'd love to see your CV.
You will also need a full driving licence for this role. Please do not apply if you do not have one.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as a Sales Manager, Commercial Manager or Senior National Account Manager.
Basic salary: Up to £65,000 per annum
Bonus: A personal and company performance bonus is also available with the role - full details of the bonus scheme will be revealed on the application
Benefits: Company car and bonus
The business you'll be working for stretches back more than 200 years. They serve the major food retailers, food service channels and independent producers as part of a larger group.Interested?
If you think you're suitable for this Retail Sales Manager role, then send us your CV to email@example.com, and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.
The Technical Manager will develop and oversee food safety regulations, policies, and procedures leading a team of 4 QA's
Technical Operations Manager
You will lead the manufacturing operational processes, working with the Technical Compliance Manager and the Head of Production to continually improve, develop, manage, & maintain HACCP and QMS.
As the Distribution Manager, your main job will be to make sure that all transport and distribution activities are safe, efficient, and in line with company and legal standards while working toward and reaching common standards of excellence and efficiency
Accountable for managing key retail accounts, reporting, inventory and support operations and logistics, with a focus on expanding our retail presence as the business grows at pace