Reporting to the Managing Director & Operations Manager, the Production Manager will oversee all production and inventory management aspects. The successful candidate will ensure that jobs are manufactured correctly, cost-effectively, and delivered on time by customer-build specifications and quality requirements.
We seek a highly motivated and experienced Production Manager to join our client in the Gloucester area. Reporting to the Managing Director & Operations Manager, the Production Manager will oversee all production and inventory management aspects. The successful candidate will ensure that jobs are manufactured correctly, cost-effectively, and delivered on time by customer-build specifications and quality requirements.
- Ensure that jobs are manufactured correctly, cost-effectively, and delivered on time in accordance with customer build specifications and quality requirements.
- Communicate with all relevant people/departments and coordinate all relevant inputs (people, plant, and processes) to ensure production output and on-time delivery targets are achieved.
- Plan, schedule, and review workload to ensure production output and on-time delivery targets are achieved cost-effectively.
- Ensure that the shop floor has the necessary manpower, competence, skill, knowledge, plant, and tooling required to achieve production targets.
- Manage and resolve daily operations and activities in a way that raises the productivity of the employees.
- Manage the inventory function/stock control department to ensure raw material and product is receipted, located, stored and transferred correctly and that the company's stock inventory is accurate.
- Contribute towards the achievement of the company's strategic and operational targets and overall business aims.
- Carry out other reasonable duties/tasks from time to time.
Specific responsibilities and KPI's expectations will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Control production plans.
- Ensure production departments have sufficient time to manufacture and deliver on time according to the customer's request.
- Manage customer order/schedule requirements.
- Pre-plan production and deploy a daily prioritized work schedule to the shop floor with appropriate time deadline targets.
- Set, monitor & review work load schedule.
- Monitor & review production progress against deadline targets to ensure on-time delivery.
- Adjust the production schedule as required and communicate any change to delivery date with the customer accordingly.
- Monitor & review manufacturing operations to ensure correct quality standards.
- Ensure that all production-related activity is time and cost-efficient/effective.
- Ensure all plant and equipment is maintained & repaired.
- Ensure production/quality processes, equipment being used and the working environments are all conducive to producing a high-quality product/service.
- Monitor production activity to ensure that the appropriate manufacturing methods are employed and that sufficient due care is taken to meet the customer's build and quality specifications.
- Monitor the quality of all incoming raw materials and finished products to ensure that they conform with agreed specifications.
- Ensure rejected product/non-conformance is rectified as a high priority and that customers are kept informed accordingly.
- Ensure the correct non-conformance paperwork is raised and processed with every reject.
- Organize, plan, and coordinate all inventory management activities.
- Ensure incoming product is processed and managed appropriately according to company procedure.
- Ensure materials are ready and available for production as and when required. Ensure that any materials that are late or holding up production for whatever reason are chased and followed up until received.
- Ensure that finished products are well-packaged, labeled and delivered according to the agreed delivery date.
- Ensure that all manufacturing and inventory systems/processes run efficiently and effectively.
- Have overall control of staffing within the production areas of the factory, including responsibility for recruitment, training, and performance.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, opportunities for growth and advancement, and a dynamic and supportive work environment. If you are a motivated and experienced Production Manager with a passion for innovation and excellence, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
The successful candidate will oversee day-to-day operations, employee management, and margin evaluation of delivery operations while communicating business status and progress to executive management.
As Technical Manager, you will be responsible for all technical aspects of the company, including food safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
As the NPD Manager, you'll report to the NPD Controller and will be primarily accountable for managing NPD & EPD projects. Ensuring they launch on time & achieve commercial targets.
Area Sales Manager
Looking for a new challenge? A well-respected chemical distributor seeks an experienced and driven Account Manager to join their expanding team. Competitive salary and supportive working environment. Apply now