The Operations Manager will be responsible for the overall strategic and operational management of our client's site in the Gloucester area. The successful candidate will oversee day-to-day operations, employee management, and margin evaluation of delivery operations while communicating business status and progress to executive management.
- Overseeing all operational activities to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, goals and objectives
- Identifying opportunities to streamline business processes and systems
- Translating the company’s strategic plans into defined operational plans
- Planning demand across all markets, maximising availability whilst minimising waste
- Defining, monitoring, and managing performance management and production KPI’s to monitor operational success against objectives
- Reporting to the board on operation activities towards business goals by providing accurate and timely operational and financial reporting
- Restructuring business activities to increase speed and efficiency
- Working alongside other members of the business-on-business projects and seeing them through to completion
- Establishing a culture of continuous business improvement overhauling customer service activities and implementing minimum standards across all contact with customers
- Managing the day-to-day operations team
- Implementing lean management procedures to minimise stock holding and free up working capital
- Researching opportunities for cost savings across the business and minimising operation expenditure within the business wherever possible
- Staying up to date with technological changes within the industry
- Developing leadership and coaching programmes to increase employee effectiveness
- Directing all operational activities across the organisation
- Collaborating with other sites to share best practices, leverage resources/assets, etc
- Managing the Business Operations by setting achievable short-term and long-term goals
- Controlling all associated operational and manufacturing costs according to the prevailing annual budget forecast
- Managing change to meet current business requirements
- Promoting and upholding company’s performance standards and ideology (on time delivery, quality, lean manufacturing, continuous improvement, housekeeping, and work ethic)
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations Management, or related field
- Proven experience in a similar role with experience in the food manufacturing or production industry
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of operational metrics and KPI's
- Experience with lean management and continuous improvement principles
- Knowledge of inventory management and supply chain logistics
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, opportunities for growth and advancement, and a dynamic and supportive work environment. If you are a motivated and experienced Operations Manager with a passion for innovation and excellence, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Reporting to the Managing Director & Operations Manager, the Production Manager will oversee all production and inventory management aspects. The successful candidate will ensure that jobs are manufactured correctly, cost-effectively, and delivered on time by customer-build specifications and quality requirements.
As Technical Manager, you will be responsible for all technical aspects of the company, including food safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
As the NPD Manager, you'll report to the NPD Controller and will be primarily accountable for managing NPD & EPD projects. Ensuring they launch on time & achieve commercial targets.
Area Sales Manager
Looking for a new challenge? A well-respected chemical distributor seeks an experienced and driven Account Manager to join their expanding team. Competitive salary and supportive working environment. Apply now