We're looking for a talented Distribution Manager to work for our client.
They want to hire someone with proven experience managing a large distribution team in multiple locations.
If that's you then you could be exactly what they're looking for.
As the Distribution Manager, your main job will be to make sure that all transport and distribution activities are safe, efficient, and in line with company and legal standards while working toward and reaching common standards of excellence and efficiency.
You will report to the Head of Distribution and be based in the company's Northamptonshire office. With strategic planning and partnering with other departments, the role will optimise the teams' performance, reduce costs, and ensure that customer deliveries are met OTIF.
In the job, you'll be tasked with the following:
- Managing three direct reports, and 210+ indirect reports in the distribution team
- Planning and controlling positive change
- Empowering and developing the teams to work collaboratively and achieve excellent results
The ideal person for this Distribution Manager role will have relevant background in managing a large distribution team across many locations. You'll also need a background in ensuring all distribution activities are safe, efficient, and compliant with legal standards.
Plus, you must have a background in working collaboratively across many teams and departments.In addition, you'll need the following:
- A similar background from a food manufacturing environment using tankers within the supply chain
- Energy and passion as you are required to operate in a complex operation and undertake national travel to regularly visit sites
- The ability to set, deliver and report accurate and timely budgets and financial forecasts
- Extensive transport management background at a senior level in a multi-site operation
The ideal person for the role will be the following:
- Able to establish and maintain good communications with customers
- Able to demonstrate a strong grasp of all relevant legislation (eg h+s, HR, fleet compliance)
- Able to demonstrate strong personal values and ethics; demonstrated via a stable career history with companies recognised as having positive attitudes toward people and leadership
Does that sound like you? If so, we'd love to see your CV.
You will also need a full driving license for this role. Please do not apply if you do not have one.
This position could be right for you if you want to work as any of the following: Transport Manager, Distribution Manager or as a Logistics Manager.
Basic salary: Up to £55,000 per annum
Bonus: A bonus is also available if the company hits specific targets - full details of the scheme will be revealed on the application
The company you'll be working for is a world-class, market-leading family business with over 130 years of history that manufactures in some of the world's most technologically advanced factories.
They're a great company to work for. People join them for many reasons, such as:
- Invest heavily in their people so you’ll have lots of opportunities for career development
- Are always looking to improve and innovate
- Constantly invest in the business, the facilities, and its people
- Dominant in their market and have a long-standing history of growth and achievement
If you think you're suitable for this Distribution Manager role, then send us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll consider you for the first round of interviews.